Because Aubri is too little to tell mom what she wanted, I had to step in and help decide.
It was a pretty easy decision for me because Aubri is our little sunshine!
When she was just the tiniest baby, mom and I would go into her room in the morning and after nap and say, "good morning Sunshine!" She would just "beam" She would smile and laugh and kick her legs so happily. So, we kept it up over the last 10 months and EVERY time without fail, she was our happy and smiley baby! She also loves lights. She has been fascinated with them since she was just a couple months old. AND her favorite song is "You are my sunshine". Nothing can cheer her up faster than singing that song.
So, naturally we went with a sunshine cake.
Mom was sick so I had to help her make it. She was pretty full of NyQuil at the time and I told her that it looked more like a star, but it came out OK.
She loved her presents and passes along her thanks to everyone!
After gifts, I wanted to present her cake to her. She was polite and thought it was pretty, but really didn't care for it. (much to mom's dismay, she's just not a cake girl.)
But ice cream from grandma?
"Yes please!"
2 comments:
Looks like the first year was quite a success!!! May your life always be as bright as your 1st cake :)
Happy Birthday Aubri!!! Your mom made you one awesome cake!!!
Post a Comment