Friday, October 02, 2009

ONE fun year!

We are having a party in a couple of days, but I just had to take a minute to wish my little sis a happy birthday! October 1st, 2008 my life certainly changed...for the better.

I met my little sister, Aubri and life has been twice as fun ever since!

Aubri
is my best little friend. I can make her laugh when no one else can. She is always so patient and kind to me even when I steal her toys away. (yes, I'm admitting I'm not perfect)

Here it is, a year later and I still love her to pieces!

I helped mom make Aubs a special birthday dinner (pasta, her favorite) and then I led the parents in singing happy birthday. She really like that!

Right up until the part that she flipped her face with her hat string.
She was NOT too happy and wanted to stop celebrating right away!
But I helped her blow out the candles and talked her into continuing on!
Mom tried to get her to try a bite of chocolate...but she said, "no way!"
But then she thought about it for a minute...
and tried it and decided that if she was going to do this, it was going to be done her way! (hey, maybe we are alike!)

All in all I think she had a great time! We love you Aubri, Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

shelley said...

happy birthday! i love the "after" picture. it is so cute and so sad all at the same time.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Happy happy birthday, Aubri! Wow, one!!! What a big, adorable girl!

NielsonJan said...

Wow Aubri what a fun year it has been!!! It was fun for Grandma to come & see you a year ago. It was really fun for everyone to come to see you over Thanksgiving & be there for your blessing!!! You are such a cutie!!!
Ava has always been you special buddy
& we are glad she is such a great example!!! Love, G&G Nielson