Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Where did everybody go?

Life last month was crazy! I'm just barely catching up! On Feb. 7th my dad had to go out of town to Japan again. So, it was up to me to watch over mom and Aubri. We some good girl time, but of course we missed dad!

Dad was gone for a week and the day it was time to get him from the airport grandma came to my house and took mom and Aubri to the airport and came home with dad! Mom was off to Texas to surprise my "aunt" Tiffany (her college roommate) for her 30th birthday. She was going to be gone for a week and Aubri claimed she just had to go with her. Something about not getting a good meal if she didn't. I tried to explain the joy and Chicken nuggets, but she just looked at me.

Well, it was just dad and me for a week. He got to stay home with me for 4 straight days! I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! We even got to spend Valentine's day together, just the 2 of us. We went on a daddy-daughter date!
The last 2 days he had to go back to work, but I got to go stay with Grandma and Grandpa! I had a ton of fun with them! But the best part was when mom and Aubri got to come home. I know they missed me so much. I asked and mom and dad said no more trips for a while which is fine with me!

3 comments:

Sharron said...

Oh my goodness ... where did it all go to?

shelley said...

wow. sounds like fun. the longest i've ever left shaelyn was the 2 days i was in the hospital. and it was awful (for my mom, not so bad for me). one day (in the far distant future) michael and i are going to leave all the kids with my mom and we're going on a cruise! :)

NielsonJan said...

Wow!! Everyone was coming and going. It is a good thing you were home to "keep the home fire burning." 30 I know sounds sooo old to you but ever soo young to me. I am glad that your Daddy got home in time to stay with you. I bet you had fun and ate some yummy chicken nuggets!!! Love you Grandma Nielson