And we didn't even ask for them!
The night before Christmas Dad noticed a leak under our kitchen sink leading outside. He knew there was a problem trapped between our wall somewhere. He called our plumber and bright & early Monday morning the plumber came. He said patching the leak would be no problem, but he needed reach the fixture behind our counter and back splash, which would have to be ripped out. (of course it would)
The other option was to replace all of the pipes in our house instead. I had no idea why we even need all these pipes, if they've just been hiding in our walls anyway. But dad said that we have polybutylene pipes and the pipe fittings don't hold up well in this Arizona heat, causing many homes to have damaging water leaks.
I guess Santa thought we should just switch over the pipes before more leaks come!
loud noises that scared Aubri to death, and tons and tons of DUST!
I was afraid that our house would never be the same!
(On the plus side, we've missed a lot of naps and saw a lot of grandma!)
Late Friday, we came home to a house that is looking almost normal again
Looks like for New Years, we'll be having a painting party!
4 comments:
Wow! You had quite the Christmas break! Who gets to do all the texturing on those walls? I hear that is the hardest part. Have fun painting!
Oh Joi, what a yucky time of year to have to deal with that! I'm glad they were able to get them all fixed up for you.
holy cow! No WAY!!! That looks like a huge undertaking :( You should just move up here next time that happens :)
New pipes don't sound exciting but I am glad you could get them & that G&G Fritzche are back so you could spend some time with them when it got too bad at your house!!
Love you
Grandma Nielson
Post a Comment