Well, I had tubes and they worked wonderfully until recently. I was ear infection free up to my 5 year check-up. My Dr. looked into my ears and told me that my left tube had fallen out like it should and my right tube was still in my ear, but was just hanging off to the side. She said not to worry, that it would fall out soon.2 weeks later I was playing at home and my right ear started draining. I felt fine, it was just a little weird. My mom figured the tube had finally fallen out and there was some residual fluid draining from my ear. Well, after 2 days of draining we knew we should get it checked out. Turned out that my tube had not fallen out, but because it had moved, an infection built up and ruptured my ear drum.
After a visit to an ENT, I wound up back here in the same little can and gown waiting to have a patch put on my eardrum.
The surgery was quick and went really well. Things seem to be healing nicely. Plus I was able to spend the rest of the day at home sleeping and being pampered by mom! Oh, and I received a cool souvenir from my ENT...my little ear tube!
2 comments:
Ava,
Glad you are doing better. Oh, I love the ear rings. Did you borrow those from Aubri? :)
love ya bunches,
Grandma Fritz
oh my goodness! that familiar little face in the third picture made me smile! where has the time gone??????
Post a Comment