Friday, March 04, 2011

The Yard

My parents have kind of let our yard get out of control. I decided that before it hits the 100's, we need to clean up a bit. My first item up for business: Pulling out the Ivy
Aubri and I are tough cookies and call pull with the best of them! We even let dad help a little so he could feel important.
Guess what we found back there?
Can you see it? (along the wall) It starts with an "S" and ends with "nake"

Next up: digging out the roots, so they won't grow back.
Check out the size of some of these...
Ahh, you know you're workin' hard when you just don't have time to pull up your pants!

5 comments:

G. Fritz said...

Ava,

I know how much you love helping your dad out in the yard!!! You are such a great helpler. Remember when you helped grandpa when he was there. You will have to show me all your hard work when I come out there. We will have to plant some more flowers before it gets too hot.

Love,

Grandma Fritzsche

shelley said...

if i had found that little friend that starts with an s, i would have been beside myself and would have never gone in the backyard again.

maybe that's why i don't live in the desert! :)

Sharron said...

What a lot of hard work. I'm pretty proud of you for staying calm when you met that little friend that started with an s.

Love that little pink cheek shot! Someone has a sneaky, naughty mommy . . .

Mariah said...

I've long said this is the only time of year for anything in the yard. The yard has to just wait when those 100's come.

NielsonJan said...

Wow you got a lot done in the yard. Today the only thing Grandma & Grandpa got to do was to shovel lots & lots of snow. The good part of that was that we didn't see any snakes!! I am so glad you are such a great help to your Momma & Daddy!!
Love you---Grandma