Sunday, October 24, 2010

7 days to Halloween: Halloween cat

Halloween Cat
Halloween Cat, Halloween cat
Why do you meow,
and meow like that?
Neither I, nor the moon
like your tune...
so SCAT!
Halloween cat, Halloween Cat


My mom's aunt taught this song to her when she was little and she loved it. Then she taught it to me! I loved it too and thought it would be great inspiration for today's craft!
We made a scary Halloween cat!
First we folded a black piece of paper accordion style and folded it in half to look like a fan.
Do this twice, glue all the sides together and of course, you get a nice little circle!
I then got busy and cut out all my shapes (eyes, ears, nose and mouth)
Next I dabbed on some glue and got to sticking!

This was the final product

Like my look? (I found out next up was naptime)
Mom said I look even scarier than my cat.
However before it was off to sleep, I decided to share some Halloween songs that I learned with my grandmas

2 comments:

Grandma Fritz said...

Ava,

Your cat is so cute and he looks like he was so fun to make!!! But your mom is right that is a scary face you have on. You are so good at making faces like your aunt Lauren. When you two are together again you will have the entertain us with your silly faces. You will have to have another face off like you did on the 4th of July.

Love, you Grandma Fritzsche

NielsonJan said...

Grandpa & I both LOVED your songs!!!! They were so cute & we think you have a great memory like your Mom!!! The cat was cute also.
Kids don't like naps & adults would love one. Life is funny sometimes!! Love you, G&G Nielson