Friday, September 24, 2010

Tennessee

As you all know, Grandma and Grandpa Fritzsche moved to Alabama. I've been missing my weekly Sunday visits, so I told mom and dad that we just had to go and see them this summer.

They agreed and we hopped on a plane or 2 to Nashville. Why Nashville, you ask? Well, because my mom grew up in Tennessee and she thought we just couldn't be that close to her old stomping grounds and not pay a visit.
First stop was the Great Smoky Mountains in Pigeon Forge Tennessee.I have never seen so many trees in my life!
We shared a cabin for a couple of days with grandma and grandpa. It was very high up and lots of fun!To say that Aubri and I were a little excited to see Grandma and Grandpa after our LONG day of travels would be an understatement!


But we did have a lot to do while we were in Tennessee, so we had to get busy. We thought it would be fun to go to Ripley's Aquarium of the smokies.

On the way, we passed a thrift store with this lovely, legless mannequin out front enticing everyone to stop in a peruse the merchandise. Well, she certainly caught my moms attention. We had to stop and get a picture, because mom said it is classic small town TN.

We had to pry ourselves away, but we did eventually make it to the Aquarium.
Right away Aubri started reading about all the fish so she could tell us about them!
Then she just wanted to study them!

I don't blame her, there was a lot to learn. There were so many hands on exhibits to help with that.
Dad, Aubri, Look out behind you!
How would you like to bump into one of these spider crabs at the beach?
They had some really cool fish tanks that you could climb up in and watch the fish. I was a little afraid to go solo, but mom didn't want me to miss out, so she helped me.
My favorite thing, was their new penguin exhibit.

Once again they had cool tunnels that you could crawl through to see the penguins up close.
And once again my mom had to go with me.
What a great day!

5 comments:

NielsonJan said...

It is so fun to see Tennessee!!! I am so glad you had such a great time there!!! Love the romp on the bed. It is so nice of Grandpa & Dad to settle you down for bed!! Love you--Grandma Jan

Melissa said...

looks like fun. Isn't it great to visit grandma and grandpa.

Brittany said...

Hurray!!! That's where we're going for Christmas. You'll have to give us your recommendations.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I think you guys might be the only people who travel as much as us!!! ;-) I'm glad you got to see Grandma and Grandpa! The aquarium looks awesome!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

P.S. Baked potatoes in the crockpot?? AWESOME! Thanks! :)