Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blast from the Past

The next couple of days were very special for my mom. She was able to reunite with a very dear childhood friend (living in SC) that she has known since she was 8 years old. It was pretty special for me too, because her friend, Shayleen has 2 little girls that I have now become friends with. When Shayleen and her family got to the cabin we were so excited we just stayed and played and visited. The next day we headed out early and went to Dollywood (Dolly Parton's amusement park)We stayed until the park closed. It was a blast. I went on a lot of fun rides and I was so brave!
The next day we sadly had to say goodbye. But not before one more surprise! My mom and Shayleen reunited with another childhood friend, Lori. Which again meant more new friends for me! We met for lunch and then went to a park. Our moms caught up on old times, talked about life as moms and laughed a lot.
It was wonderful to meet you, Hannah, Avery, Rhett, Ella, Lucy, and Auggie and I know my mom LOVED seeing your moms again. Thanks for bringing them along!

4 comments:

NielsonJan said...

It was fun to see your new friends & your Mom's old friends!! I am glad you had a fun day!!
Love you--Grandma Jan

The Sammons Family said...

We still have fun talking about our weekend at the cabin with you guys!! We love you!!!

Brittany said...

Looks like it's been a season of reunions...can't wait until it's our turn!

Brittany said...

Looks like it's been a season of reunions...can't wait until it's our turn!