Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easter Brunch and Hunt: Eight days until Easter

Today we went to the park because our ward was having an Easter brunch and egg hunt.
I knew before my egg hunting skills would be in full effect, I needed some nourishment. That's why I found my friend B & E and sat down to have a quick bite.
Aubri followed suit We were ready, but Dad wasn't quite done eating...so we told him to hurry up or we were leaving him in our dust!

So, he tried to eat his hamwhich faster. (this is him trying to be silly)

When he was done "hamming" it up, we grabbed our buckets and took off!
There were a lot of eggs to be found! Some were easy and some were hard!
But I was certainly up for the challenge and even stopped at one point to tell my mom that, "I was the best climber EVER!" She had to agree!

At first I was huntin' solo, then I joined ranks with my friend, B.
Together we covered a lot of ground and hunted down many eggs

In the end, I was really proud of our accomplishments! We are darn good little egg hunters and are pretty happy with our loot!
To celebrate our mad skills, we took turns rolling down the grassy hill...my new favorite outside past time! And don't go making fun of our little hills and wannabe grass all you East- coasters...it's all we got! :)

Aubri saw all the fun were having and "walked" over to join us.
I started feeling bad for leaving her behind during the hunt,
so I put an egg near a tree for her to find.

At first she was just interested in the tree...but then she found the Egg!

I saw the look of wonder in her eyes and I know she'll be ready for her first real hunt next year!

1 comment:

NielsonJan said...

What a fun Easter Egg Hunt!!! I am so glad you & Aubri had such a great time. Dad looks like he was enjoying the ymmies!! Yeah Aubri for trying the walking!! We love you all!!! G&G Nielson