Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cooking for a cause

My mom and dad seem to think that I'm the very definition of "picky" when it comes to eating! I won't even touch what my fellow picky friends will try (hot dogs, hamburgers, spaghetti, PB & J, etc.) The list goes on and on! I have rules at dinner that I just have to try things, but my mom is on a kick where she wants me to learn to actually LIKE different foods.

So, she had the idea that if I helped her make my dinner, I might be more apt to like it. She picked something simple and FUN. "Pigs in a blanket". She assured me the hot dogs would taste yummy wrapped in rolls (which I will eat) and yummy cheese, which I already happen to like on bread. Plus, they would be fun, looked cute, and had a funny name.

I was anxious to help and got right to work.Let me tell ya, I can roll a hot dog with the best of them!

Happy with my finally product, I threw them in the oven and waited for them to bake.

Well...DID I love my cute little pigs in a blanket???

Not a chance! Wouldn't even try them!

Mom tried to tell me that it didn't look so good if the chef won't even eat her own food...

Silly mom, who did she think she was dealing with? I'm no rookie!

2 comments:

shelley said...

miss ava,

love the eggs. i'm stealing the idea myself. though not to decorate my office. i thought that part was hilarious.

your little twin across the country is also the world's worst, pickiest eater. her mommy also thought it would be a good idea to let her try helping to cook - then she would see the food and want to eat it. so far she's helped to cook mac n cheese, homemade pizza (where she even got to pick the toppings), calzones (picking insides), mexican pizzas, and spaghetti. SHE HAS EATEN NONE OF THESE FOODS, even though she "tastes" them all and likes them during preparation.

at least i finally got her to eat SOME meat when i found chicken nuggets shaped like dinosaurs. now she'll eat one or two, some carrots and ranch, and 1/2 a go-gurt for dinner.

where do you two come up with this stuff? don't you know that FOOD IS GOOD?!?!?

love,
shelley

Munchkin Invasion said...

REALLY? She didn't touch them?!? I'm actually really surprised - I thought Mom's trick would work!