I just figured it was up to me to find different ways to entertain myself being that there were fewer toys.
In hindsight I should have first discussed it with mom, because she seemed a bit surprised when she eagerly opened the door to congratulate me on my first day, only to find me and another boy dogpiled on top of my friend.
And I suppose it didn't help that when she hurriedly pulled me off and told me it was inappropriate, my teacher said, "yeah, we've had a bit of a problem with that today!"
At home mom cut me a little slack because it was my first day, but we had a chat and made a goal to be a little more polite in the future. In the end, I did think it sounded fair for me to act a little more lady like. BUT, I also thought it sounded fair for me to get a fish if I did!
We agreed on the terms and mom even made a crude little chart to help me visualize my goal and keep my eye on the prize!
And from this experience I have learned 3 things:
* Although fun for the giver, a powerslam (especially in a dress) is not the most refined behavior and may not be as rewarding for the receiver.
* Goals help you anticipate something new, learn lessons along the way, and make you feel good in the end!
* Goals seem to help me manipulate mom into getting what I want!
Hmmm... with a new year, let's see what I can get this time...
4 comments:
What a great idea; although, I can assure you that the boy on the bottom of the dog pile was having a blast! ;D I like your idea of a goal chart, can I copy it? Ariel looks like a very happy fish. She's sure pretty!! Congratulations on accomplishing your goal.
So cute! Living and learning...we are all doing it. Hopefully I can follow Ava's example and be a quick learner!
Ava,
Your fish is beautiful. Take good care of him until I come back to Tucson to see how he has grown.
Love,
Grandma Fritzsche
Ah, a life lesson learned!
Post a Comment