Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oh what luck, it's my turn in the duck!

Hello! Aubri here.
At the end of a long hard day, Ava and I end up in the bath together. And because we've been playing and chatting all day, our bath talk turns reminiscent of the good ole days.
I'm always hearing about how Ava got to take nice warm bubble baths in a little rubber ducky tub. And here is the proof of that here:
Ava has many fond memories of that little duck and she loved her time in it.
However, as long as I can remember I've always been in the big bath with Ava. I've asked mom about it and she said something about it just being easier this way... I don't know, it sounded like a typical, "second child excuse" kind of answer to me.

I let it go, but I couldn't help but think how nice my own little bath time would truly be.
You see, I'm a splasher from the word go and because Ava doesn't appreciate it I'm not allowed to really play how I would like to in the tub.

Even though I'm pretty quiet mom's usually pretty good about sensing how I feel. That is why I think she surprised me the other night with this:For Me???

I was so excited!
I started to splash...then stopped. Mom was super surprised by this, but I was just too in awe over the infamous duck
I did enjoy my time and hope to enjoy some more...But hey, if not, at least now I have some of my own memories to share with Ava!

3 comments:

grandma fritzsche said...

Aburi,

You are so right. You do deserve some alone time in the tub. I know how much you love to splash water and I'm sure next time you get in with your rubber duck, the splashing will begin. You know grandma thinks you are the sweetest thing ever.

Love Grandma Fritzsche

Munchkin Invasion said...

Aubri - you are so lucky. 2nd (and 3rd) children in my house barely get attention - much less a big yellow duck!!!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

What a cool bathtub! Our kids have different views on baths too. They both enjoy splashing, but Lucas loves bubbles and Kate thinks they are TERRIFYING! So, on occasion, they'll get their own separate baths, just the way they like them!