Friday, October 30, 2009

12 Days of Halloween- Day # 2

I decided that we needed to have another Halloween treat today! I told mom that I was a little jealous that they got to dip caramel apples for their party and I did not! So, being the nice mom that she is...she let me have a turn. And I got to invite friends!

I got to pick out my own apple and poke it with a stick. Then it was time for the oewy gooey caramel. I was a good little hostess and let my guests go before me. Garrett was up first.
He had such a fun time that his brother, Gabriel had to jump in!
I was so excited for my turn, but I also wanted mom to help me.
Next we all picked out our toppings and started rolling.
Gabriel chose Hershey bars. While Garret and I went for the kit-kat bars.
We cut into them and they looked messy, but boy they were good!
YUM! Thanks mom, it hit the spot!

5 comments:

Alison said...

You are always doing the funnest things with your kiddos. You are such a great mom!

NielsonJan said...

I LOVE caramel apples!!!! I was sick when they did them at RS so I missed out this year. I am sure glad you didn't miss out!!!! They look ever so good!! Love you--Grandma Nielson

Sharron said...

Looks so yummy . . . but where are the peanuts?!?!?!

Mariah said...

The boys had SO much fun making those apples! It was funny to see how proud they were of their creations. They loved eating them and scooping the part that fell off with a spoon. Thanks for the great memories and fun times.

Anonymous said...

Ava,

Caramel apples are the best but they taste even better when you can make them with good friends. It looks like you guys had lots of fun making them and eating them.

love, grandma fritzsche