Sunday, September 20, 2009

I love to see the Temple

Not only is this my favorite song that I demand sung to me nightly, but I really do love to see the Temple. And this trip I got to see a very special one...the one mom and dad got married in!
It was beautiful and VERY big!
I was pretty glad that I could climb all the stairs and take my picture with grandma!
Aubri was just impressed that I dared to go that high!
I am glad that mom and dad decided to go so that we could be a family forever!


After seeing the temple we visited the church history museum. While there was a lot of interesting stuff, I have to admit the best part was the children's section! They had a part where you could build your own temple. Being the creative type that I am, I got right to work
Aubri and mom were close behind.
We all had different interpretations of the best way to get the job done. Aubri took the time to really test the wood. I just kept stacking...here is my masterpiece.

Mom kept it small and simple. It's pretty obvious that hers is a replica of the Mesa Temple with a palm tree in the back.
Some other fun things were: seeing the nativity and getting to dress up like Mary. Dad filled in and was my "Joseph"
Also, re-enacting Lehi's dream by holding onto the the Iron rod to the tree of life and then sharing some delicious fruit with family!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

very cute...we've been there too, but I don't think I presented it quite as well on my blog as Ava did on hers!!

Sharron said...

Wow, I didn't even know this existed and it looks like too much fun! What a good way for you to learn about such special and important lessons!

shelley said...

that is cool! one more reason to love living out west. we will never have anything like that out here. well, maybe in the millennium...

NielsonJan said...

It was such a fun day when we went down to the temple & museum!!! It was great to see the fun pictures & remember what a fun day we had!!! You have such a great Momma & Daddy & I am so glad they were married there so your family is forever!!!! Love you, Grandma Nielson