Wednesday, July 22, 2009

4 days parent free!

Last week was an adventure for me. I was over and grandma's and while that was nothing new...this time I was there for 4 days in a row! And mom and dad weren't there so, I pretty much was in charge of Aubri. I had to make sure Grandma knew just how to take care of her like I do at home.
Mom and dad got to go on a trip just by themselves. I'm not really sure why...they see each other everyday at home, but I was just fine with it because I love to spend time at grandma's house!
The 4 days flew by and they were filled with fun things like swimming, eating yummy food, playing games, sleeping in sleeping bags, playing with the dogs and so much more! I was so busy there was no time for pictures! (OK...a few!)
Grandma and Aunt Lauren and I decided to get dressed up and go to a "ball" in the dinning room. First I got my nails done by grandma, then Lauren was in charge of hair and makeup. I really wanted to look like a princess and wear a dress to eat in, but I forgot to bring one to Grandma's house. Not to worry, I snuck in Aunt Lauren's room and tied one of her skirts around me!We went on to have a lovely tea party!

Then the next morning as I was helping grandma fix breakfast, she ran out to the garage for a second. I was following close behind as always and suddenly she stopped and jumped back. At first I was a little upset that she bonked me on the head and I fell down. But after I saw why she did it, I understood!
We found this!
We ran and told Grandpa and he helped us take it outside!
What adventures!
Well, I had a great time during my stay. Although Aubri's pretty quiet most the time, I could tell that she had a fun time too! But I have to admit I really did miss my mom. I even broke down and admitted it to grandma one day. I bet mom never thought that would happen! :)
Thanks grandma, grandpa and Aunt Lauren for taking such good care of Aubri and I. You guys are the best!

Oh, and if you're interested I guess mom and dad had a good time too. I'll tell you what she told me tomorrow!

1 comment:

shelley said...

"they see each other every day" hahahahahahaha! good one ava!