Friday, July 24, 2009

4 days- kid free

Even though my parents didn't have near as much fun as I did, I guess it's only fair that I share what they did.
Mom and dad drove to Las Vegas, because mom had never been and wanted to see it for herself!
She showed me what it looked like driving into town:
I asked where all the lights, the glitz, the glamor was??


Awww...that's more like it!

I was surprised that just by going to one city you could experience so many cultures.
They "visited" New York:Paris:Egypt:

Mom said it sure felt like being in Egypt...walking for hours in 110 degree weather! She wanted to jump into any water around
I tried telling her before she left that she was picking a hot time of year to visit. I knew it wouldn't be the same as living here, because I don't let her walk around outside for hours.
When will she learn to listen to me?

My dad said one of his favorite places was here: I could have told you that...it's only his FAVORITE candy!

Just look at this picture, he's in heaven!


Another fun thing they did was visit Coke world. They sampled 16 colas from around the worldThat sure is a lot of bubbly!

Some got reactions like this:

others ended like this:
The whole thing sounds a little irresponsible to me...mom and dad would NEVER let me have a lunch that consisted of M&M's and Cola! (See what happens when I'm not around to keep them in line? ) Apparently when mom and dad were not busy making such "questionable choices" they were having a lot of fun shopping, exploring a cool shark reef, frequenting yummy buffets, seeing shows, and visiting fun friends in town. (Thank you, Clint and Natalie for taking care of my parents and seeing that they had a good meal...tell Lucas I said, "Hi")

But soon they missed me (and Aubri) just too much and had to come get us! Funny how I have that affect on people!
Well, I sure glad what "happened" in Vegas, didn't stay in Vegas and we are back as a happy little family again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm SO jealous! Good for you guys to get away for awhile. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I have a friend that goes to L.V. regularly just for the m&m place.

Unknown said...

Oh, this is Mariah, somehow Stephen hijacked my computer and all my comments say they're from him.

Sharron said...

So THIS is why Mariah was pouting the other day! Glad you had such a good time, I am a little jealous too . .

I say we have a hen party go some time and leave all the kids home with the hubbies!

Brittany said...

What lucky parents! I wished I would have known. I could have sent you to Ceasar's to visit Summer--she's interning there for the summer. We're jealous!