Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Swim Star

So, why have I been too busy to blog lately? I'll tell you.

On June 1st bright and early I took mom and Aubri down to the neighborhood pool where I was to begin my 2 week swim training a.k.a. level one swim lessons.
This was my first go with swim lessons but I knew since I'd been in grandma's pool a ton, It would be a breeze!

Well, I have to admit it was harder than it looks without floats! Here is what occurred.

Pre-swim stretch

Getting use to the water...cold!

I learned about the relaxing tummy float...


And the not so relaxing back float!


Then it was time for something major...the head dunk


This is what I thought of that!


But I did decide to come back the next day and the next. One day we even got to use these- It was my favorite day!

The two weeks were tough and tiring, but on June 12th, it all proved to be worth it when I got THIS!

AHHH, yeah! Who has mad skills now??

2 comments:

Melissa&Jordan said...

Congratulations! I always knew you'd be a great swimmer! I'll be looking for you in the Olympics soon!

NielsonJan said...

I always wanted to take swimming lessons so I am sooo proud of you!!! Way To Go!!! I think my favorite day would have been the one with the life vest also! Love you--G. Nielson