Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

As you know Sunday was Father's day. I was so excited to wake and help mom make dad a special breakfast. OK, let's be honest, I was pretty happy that hash browns were on the menu because I LOVE them!
After mom and I whipped up some yummy food I was the designator dad waker-uper. When he came down stairs, he was a little groggy but I kept encouraging him to hurry and eat so we could open presents. Mom got all ready to capture it all digitally, but wouldn't you know it...the camera battery died! What luck.

It's OK, it probably would have been a little embarrassing for me to watch now, because I yelled out what dad's presents were the second before he got to see them for his self. Oops! I was just so excited!

Later in the day we got to go see Grandpa Fritzsche and wish him a happy Father's day too! Grandpa was nice enough to let me borrow his camera and take a few pictures to document the day!

I had fun helping him open his presents too! (I lost 40lbs on the "father's day diet"...and you can too!)

When I got home I ran to the phone and insisted that I call my grandpa Nielson! I missed him since he was away! (too bad I couldn't get my hands on some more presents)
Well, guys...I love you all so much and hope your days were wonderful!

2 comments:

NielsonJan said...

Loved the Father's Day pictures even if we couldn't see Daddy open his presents. Grandpa Nielson Loved that you called and talked to him!!!! That is what makes him most happy is just to hear you fun cute little voice!!! Love you---G & G Nielson

Ashley said...

your posts are so fun! I love the pictures and ava's insights. we want to come visit tucson this summer and see these cute girls!