Saturday, February 16, 2008

Truffle Shuffle

For Valentine's Day my mom convinced my grandma that they could/should make some money selling truffles. My grandma said OK, but my silly mom had no idea how much work it really takes!

There were many late nights, molds, fillings, and tons of chocolate EVERYWHERE!! But they did get the job done. And mom had a lot of fun spending time with Grandma and learning the trade! They sold about 70 lbs of chocolate.

Being covered in chocolate up to their elbows, they didn't have many opportunities to take pictures, but here is a picture of 1/2 lb box of seconds. (those not pretty enough to sell)

They even had a special order for 10 the size of a baseball.

The truffles were delicious, but I like having my mom's attention back!

5 comments:

shelley said...

Good for you Joi. But now that's it's over, the real question is, will you do it again next year?!

Brittany said...

delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A--you're grandma has always been a killer chef...you're a lucky girl! Tell her that my mom still remembers her early Friday morning breakfasts.
-M

The Willson Family said...

Good for you! I bet they were fabulous :) Someday I want you to teach me!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I am VERY, VERY impressed!!! We'll know where to order our Valentine's treats from next year!!! :)

NielsonJan said...

WOW!!!! The chocolates were absolutely incredible!! Thank you ever so much for sending some home with Grandpa!! Everyone here was amazed at how yummy they were!! I bet you got tired of your Mama doing chocolates but someday she will teach you how to make great things.