Thursday, July 05, 2007

Red, White, and BLUE!

I woke up yesterday morning looking forward to a wonderful 4th of July only to remember that dad was still out of town and wouldn't be here to celebrate with us, so I was feeling a little BLUE!


Then I thought of how lucky I was to be living in this country and enjoy all the freedoms that so many don't. I quickly changed my attitude...

My mom and I had a good day. We visited Grandma and Grandpa and aunt Lauren. I ran around free as a bird (no gates at grandma's), ate yummy food, and played with the dogs. It was shaping up to be a pretty fun day, so when mom told me that since dad wasn't home and it was way past my bedtime,we were skipping fireworks this year...you can imagine my surprise!!
Well, you don't have to...here's a picture!
Hope you all had a safe and fun 4th of July!

3 comments:

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Ava, you have the cutest blog! Such cute pictures too! I love your surprised face!

Catie said...

Ava, you are so cute in your red, white and blue! Happy 4th of July!

NielsonJan said...

Ava,
I'm so sorry your daddy was out of town for the 4th of July. Grandpa Nielson was gone too and I missed him too. We're so glad there will be other 4th of Julys that we can all be together.
love, Grandma Nielson