Saturday, April 03, 2010

The Easter Story: One day until Easter

Twas the night before Easter and all through the house...we were baking! And learning about the meaning of Easter. I thought I knew the whole story before, but mom found an Easter story that coincides with making cookies. It was a lot of fun, and I learned some new things!
I think this is the start of a new "night-before-Easter" tradition!
To fully understand our fun, educational night you should check out "Easter Story Cookies"., but
here are a few shots of our night.

We're all scrubbed and ready to bake!
We had to listen to the scriptures carefully and listen for our next ingredientOnce everything was in the bowl we mixed it all up
However, the "lesson" didn't end there. We put the cookies on the cookie sheet and they looked like little rocks, reminding us of the rocky tomb the laid the body of Jesus in.
We knew that we couldn't see and taste the cookies until morning, but we snuck a little taste of batter before they went in!YUM!!!
The last step was to tape the oven, like sealing the tomb
Now, it's just off to bed...I can't wait to see what happens to the cookies in the morning!

3 comments:

Sharron said...

Ava, you are so lucky to have a mom that puts to much into teaching you all these wonderful lessons. I hope she keeps it up as you get to be a bigger girl and that you will help her by always helping her do these fun activities. Wouldn't it be great if you could pass these traditions on to your own children some day? Totally cool kiddo!

Gfritz said...

Ava & Aubri you look so clean and shiny in your pj's and your treats look great. I have a feeling you are going to like the way they taste too. See you in a few days.

love, g. fritz

Grampa Fritzsche said...

You two look like the best little cooks together. I am so proud. I see the Easter Bunny came. Did you remember Jesus?