No, I did not learn this in Preschool, I picked this up while doing some light reading and I found it quite interesting. It also sparked an idea...While "ready-made" valentine's cards are great, I think those in the eighteenth century had it right by exchanging "handwritten notes of affection".
So, on February 1st for FHE, I told mom I was in charge of the activity.
Earlier that week I had convinced mom to buy some cute little mailboxes at the store for each of us.
Then we cut strips of fun paper and put them nearby.
(Even Aubri did her part!)
I then asked everyone in the family to take a strip of paper each day
and write one thing they love about each person.
Then we put them in their mailbox!
On Valentine's day, we got to open them up and read all the fun,
sweet things about us that our family loves!

But more importantly it gave us a chance to stop and
think of all the great reasons that we love others.
I think I may have started a tradition!
I just heart Valentine's DAY!
Hope yours was GREAT!
(Even Aubri did her part!)
I then asked everyone in the family to take a strip of paper each dayand write one thing they love about each person.
Then we put them in their mailbox!
sweet things about us that our family loves!
But more importantly it gave us a chance to stop and
think of all the great reasons that we love others.
I think I may have started a tradition!
I just heart Valentine's DAY!








5 comments:
We didn't know about Valentines Day so thank you for telling us all you learned!!! I think that you & Mom started a great tradition with those mail boxes!!! I loved all the things that you all wrote to Grandma & Grandpa too!! We LOVE YOU!!!! We are so glad to have such an outstanding family as a part of our family!!! G&G Nielson
Wow, Ava looks so much like her mother! Hope all is well and I'm glad Ava is back to blogging, taking care of a little sister is a lot of work I'm sure. Tell joe hello for me.
Ava, you have the best ideas ever. I need to start calling you about 2 weeks prior to each holiday!
Aubri, you are so cute. You remind me of Kate and I want to squeeze you!
I love the pictures! I can't believe how grown up both of the girls are looking!! holy cow, they are adorable. I love Ava's quotes. Those are hilarious
Post a Comment