Saturday, August 15, 2009

10 1/2 months

Well, the last 10 1/2 months have been wonderful for me. That's because I've had someone to keep me company. That someone is Aubri! We've taught each other many things.

I've taught her what foods are the best: Mac & Cheese, French Fries, GOLDFISH and yogurt. She has 8 big chompers and she likes them all!!!
She's taught me that the way to get on mom's good side is to try all foods. I've seen her go so far as to eat carrots, squash and ZUCCHINI! I'm not sure I'm that "hungry" for mom's love. (no pun intended...ok, maybe a little one)

I've tried to teach her what toys are fun and what ones are a little less so. We've had fun playing together. She has introduced to me a new way to test out toys. She calls it the "saliva test". She just puts everything in her mouth and sucks on it and somehow she knows which toy is her favorite. She either smiles and laughs, or drops it and ignores it. I've tried it once or twice and I couldn't tell a difference...plus mom didn't like it!! I must not have the magic touch.

She's also taught me about sisterly love. She smiles and laughs whenever I come into the room. She really knows how to make you feel special! PLUS, she always looks out for me. I can't tell you how much more of my agenda I've accomplished since she's been her to distract mom. (like painting my arms) I just ask her for a favor and BAM...she demands food, or poops her diaper for me and the parents get busy...perfect for me! Thanks Aubs!

Even though we have our own special language she's still working on one mom and dad can understand. She says cat, dog, mom and dad. Of course, she has to be in the mood.

She may be a girl of few words, but she's has a big personality! She likes to express her self through her dress.
Some days she's sporty:
Sometimes she's sassy:And we all know she's a sucker for a pretty bow!
We love you Aubs! So glad you're here to stay!

5 comments:

The Sammons Family said...

I LOVE the boots!!!!

Grandma Fritzsche said...

Aubri,

You are the cutest little baby with a percious smile and grandma loves to hear you laugh. Let's do lunch sometime soon.

Love, Grandma Fritzsche

NielsonJan said...

Oh Ave, you are such a great big Sister!!! It was so fun to see you play with Aubri & make her laugh!!
It was fun to see how very much Aubri has grown up!!!
We are so excited to see you later this week!!! Love you--G&G Nielson

NielsonJan said...

Oh Ava you are such a great big sister to play with Aubri & make her laugh!!!
It was so fun to see how very much Aubri has grown!!! We are so excited to see you later this week!!!! Love G&G Nielson

Tiffany said...

She has gotten so big since I saw her. Those boots are fantastic. I wish I had a pair.