Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!



Since my dad was in town this year it instantly was a better 4th than last year. My favorite Aunt Laurena and Favorite Uncle Jordan came and picked me up to go see a movie in the morning. We went and saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was a good movie and it ended with my favorite lunch...chicken nuggets. After a relaxing nap mom, dad and I hopped in the car and went to Grandma's house for a yummy BBQ which included monster Bison Burgers!

Then we hung out as a family and had a little ping pong tournament. I got to be the ball babe and retrieve all the stray balls. We pooped out and didn't see fireworks this year. I was very tired, and so were mom and dad! And for some reason sitting in 100+ degree weather for a couple of hours while pregnant just didn't appeal to my mom this year!

4 comments:

maia said...

bison burgers? jake and his sister were just reminiscing about those the other day (if they're the same thing). i guess linda used to make them when they were kids. i'll have to try them sometime! glad you had a good fourth!

*Katie* said...

She looks so cute! She looks so grown up! How are you feeling?

Brittany said...

What, You're kidding...you didn't want to sit in the heat while you're pregnant??? You're gettin' old on me!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Ava you looked so cute for the 4th of July all decked out in red,white and blue!!! Bison burger sound so good and very patriotic. They kept all the pioneers alive while coming West. I'm so glad your Daddy was home this year and I'm sure he was glad too!! Love you, Grandma and Grandpa Nielson