Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"IV" feelin' better


This may seem like just an ordinary picture...but it's probably one of my mom's favorite because it shows me smiling and feeling better after coming home from the hospital this past weekend.
On Thursday I started throwing up a lot! On Friday it happened only twice, but I started feeling much more tired and wanted to just have mom hold me and watch T.V. Mom kept calling the Dr's and the nurses kept saying I was fine. They just wanted me to keep drinking. But I would only drink a little water. That is all I will ONLY drink, anyway. Mom says it's cause I'm stubborn, but I say, "what better drink to crave while living in the desert?" Mom kept trying to get me to drink fizzy drinks, and sweet drinks that were kind of like water...NO WAY! Then when I woke up Saturday morning I wouldn't even drink water and I kept throwing up. Mom and dad took me to the ER at 7:30am. I was so tired, I just rested on table while everyone around me kept talking about something called an IV. While I was resting, my dad got sick and he had to go into another room and they showed him what an IV was! They had to give him fluids to rehydrate him too. He looked funny...he was whiter than me! Meanwhile, all these people came in and held me down and tried to show ME what an IV was. They kept poking and pulling and hurting me! They couldn't find my veins. 5 nurses, 3 EMT, and 1 fireman tried to find my veins...and failed. I thought that meant I could go home...but it didn't. They put me and mom on an ambulance and took us to a children's hospital. Dad couldn't come, cause he was getting his medicine at the other hospital. Grandpa came to take care of him and grandma followed the ambulance to see me at the new hospital. When I got there they poked me too! Finally they found a vein in my ankle.
All night I stayed in a little room with my mom. She held me and I slept. Sunday morning I woke up and had more energy. I wanted to get down and play, but I couldn't because I had a needle in my ankle! Mom and grandpa took turns holding me and trying to entertain me. It wasn't fun, but I know they tried. FINALLY at 4:00pm they let me come home and see dad. I was happy! I'm still not very hungry, but I'm being good and drinking more for mom! Mom's just glad that Grandma and Grandpa were there to help...she couldn't have done it without them!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is so sad. I am glad she is feeling better.

S.K.N. said...

I'm so glad Ava and Joe and feeling better now. That's so scary when your little one is sick!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Hey, Joi! I'm glad everyone is feeling better now! I bet that was so scary. Ava is adorable!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Hey, Clint here, what was the diagnosis? Not fun when your child is sick, glad all is well and good mothering, sometimes the nurses at the pediatrics office are just too busy with other things to really hear your concerns.

Just Tera said...

Hi Joi,
Glad your little girl is doing better. She's adorable. I just started a new blog last week and I put up a bit of tutorial about how I did my banner. Not sure if you were talking about that or the kids pictures let me know if you have any questions. Here's the site http://justtera.blogspot.com/

shelley said...

How scary! I'm glad Ava is better. That's a mom's worst fear, isn't it?! The birthday pics were adorable too! Can't wait for Shaelyn't first birthday!

Ava Nielson said...

Thanks for everyone's concern. Ava had a stomach virus. She is doing great now!